Siri's Craft Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Madness indeed....

I joined Sock Madness, and spent the weekend knitting like a maniac. I finished sunday evening and made it to round two.

The suggestion was for two yarns, one solid and one varigated. The test sock had been knitted with Lorna's Laces. Great, I have several skeins both solid and striping that match. It was later mentioned that the yarns should be tonal. Still no problem. Have you spotted the problem yet? Only after I recived the pattern and read the note from the author of the pattern did it sink in. My Lorna's Laces stripes, it isn't varigated. Oops. Desperat search through my Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. Found a couple of yarns that looked like they were pretty close, winded them into balls so fast that my shoulder was sore for days afterward (I use a nøstepinne). And then I cast on, and ripped, and cast on , and ripped, and... Eh, yes, I cast on a total of five times for two socks. (This was when I started to wonder if this was a good idea after all, and where my brain was.) And then I knitted and knitted.



After a while I realised that I may have taken the `tonal´ thing a bit far... They didn't look quite so close in colour in the skeins, but as I was over alf way down the leg I kept going. The result is that my socks doesn't really look stripy, but I quite like the result. Often varigated yarn can look very busy when knitted up, this way it doesn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home